UPDATE: AND THEN UPDATE AGAIN: Pope Francis says dogs go to heaven! Not exactly. Soon after he made the statement, conservative theologians came back saying he was only speaking conversationally. "Dog don't have souls hence have no place in heaven". Oh please. Dog is God spelled backwards.
Will Rogers said, "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
|The Rogers family|
- Mormons? Yes. Uh Oh. Watch out Mitt Romney.
- Buddhists? It's complicated.
- John Calvin, founder of Calvinism? Yes.
- Martin Luther, founder of Lutheranism? Yes. He had a number of lap dogs in his little itty bitty committee.
- Hindus? All animals have souls. That's all they'll commit to.
- Baptists? No way (correction -one of my readers commented that it depends on the church.)
- Buddhists? No.
- Unitarians? Can't say.
- Muslims? No.
- Jews? Hedging their bets, but leaning toward not so much to maybe.
- The Bible? It depends on who's translating the text.
- Protestants? There's is no biblical assurance that pets will be in heaven (see The Bible above.)
- Catholics? No then yes, then no. See update above.
Saint Roch is the dog's patron saint. Read more about Saint Roch here.
And if your church believes that dogs go to heaven, let me know.