Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Hug a shelter worker today

New science shows that animals do, in fact, overcome past abuse and neglect with rehabilitation at animal sanctuaries.
Shelter staff and volunteers - unsung heroes
The study looked at goats, but it likely has application to all animal welfare agencies providing special care for abused dogs and other companion animals.  An unexpected outcome was that female goats were more likely to benefit than males.  Draw your own conclusions.

Read more details about the study here.

2 comments:

  1. People who work with neglected/abused and unwanted animals are very special people indeed!! I would want to take them all home with me.... I couldn't even work in a vet clinic, too much sadness!!
    I couldn't get the link to work, but like humans, animals can recover from terrible trauma, with respect and love, they are amazing at forgiveness!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know about the bad link. I fixed it. I'm with you. Shelter people are amazing.

      Delete